Friday, March 20, 2009

Are you kidding me?

If you've hung out with Sheldon and I long enough, you pretty much know that Sheldon and I have a "unique" relationship. I'm sure that we've lost some friends because of our "unique" senses of humor. In fact, for those who are "King of Queens" fans, Sheldon and I are pretty much Doug and Carrie.

So last night, Sheldon and I were eating some ice cream from little "Ben & Jerry" sized containers. I got up to throw mine away and Sheldon threw his empty one in my general direction as a "subtle" hint that maybe I should throw his away as well. I decided that I didn't like his "subtle" gesture and left it there for him to pick up. Of course, this engaged some playful banter of who should pick it up. Long story short, I left it there and went upstairs to get ready for bed. Sheldon came up shortly after around 11 p.m. All of a sudden, I hear my cell phone ringing downstairs in the kitchen. Of course, I think...."Oh no, what's wrong?!" when my cell rings that late at night. I ran downstairs in pitch black darkness to see my cell phone lit up as it ringing and it almost looks like its floating in the air. I flip on the kitchen lights and see this........



and then I hear an EVIL cackle coming from upstairs. Sheldon had stabbed his spoon through the lid of the ice cream cup and then taped my cell phone to his spoon. He then thought it would be funny to dial my cell phone and watch me run to it.

My reaction....I laughed hysterically. Our poor kids, we are so warped. And yes, I did throw away his ice cream container.

12 comments:

Full Fartanese said...

I clearly remember saying "Do you mind throwing this away for me since you are going that way...honey?" Don't forget that you are younger and more athletic than me:) XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Pooooor Jen! I don't know who raised that boy. Sorry he only had sisters that waited on him hand and foot. Good Luck raising that one.

Krista said...

That seriously sounds like Travis. What a stinker;) We always said that you guys are a lot like us! I think you guys are hilarious!

ruebs said...

omgosh you guys are hilarious. I noticed you weren't on facebook anymore so I'm glad I can check out your blog. Your girls have grown so much and are so beautiful. It has been to long since we've seen you all. Where are you guys up to now?

ruebs0202@hotmail.com

Angela said...

I am laughing so hard so I just had to show Spencer and he started to laugh. Too funny....

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

this cracks me up!!!! this sounds like me and my "wonderful husband." too funny. why aren't you on fb anymore?

FrankNApril said...

Now, that's funny!
Although, he needs to be payed back! April

Mallory Clan said...

I can't wait to read the post about how you exacted your revenge....better make it good.

Geneva said...

I love your senses of humor...you two are so fun...I'm sure you'll still be teasing one another when you have silver in your hair...Those may be lyrics from a bad country song???

Lydia said...

That is absolutely hilarious!!! You two are awesome.

Whitney Jo said...

Fun AND funny!

TYEDART said...

I LOVE this post!! I've known you two a long time and this totally sounds like you guys! King of Queens, ha ha ha ha... This little situation would have ended up very differently at our house. Wish our playful banter were this...well, playful. I love it!! You guys rock.