Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I thought I knew what love was....

As most of my friends know, I am a confessed Targaholic (one who twitches if they have not shopped at Target at least once during the week). Dangerously enough, I have 2 brand spanking new Targets now within 5 minutes from my home. One just opened this past month and the other will open in July.

I heard that there were great deals to be had since it was a new store with "New Store Specials", but I didn't realize what joy this beautiful new Target would bring to my soul until I walked through its shiny automatic doors yesterday. "Oooh.....Aaaah," was what came from my children's mouths as well as mine when I placed Avery into the newly designed and blissful cart. All plastic, no rattling, easy to steer...the list goes on.

Yes, the store was beautiful, but the "new store deals" were what made my joy complete. 24 pack of bottled water....$1, Cereal....$1, Quaker granola bars....25cents if you bought 5, cream of chicken soup....25 cents!!!!!

I know, I know. My name is Jennifer and I am a Targaholic.

8 comments:

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

I am so jealous. Going first thing Saturday am hoping there will be some left for the fishies.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the new Target in our neighborhood to open in September. I will be watching for the DEALS. I would go back every day and get the limit allowed. Great food storage. Helen

Brandy said...

Whitney was just telling me today about these deals! My tommorrow morning just filled up. :)

Anonymous said...

Jealous! Our Target is less than fabulous. Those deals are impressive.

Krista said...

Well, those deals must be over already. I didn't find any $1 cereal or water or anything. Bummer;( I found a good buy on diapers but the food was back to normal price. Those carts are awesome though. All stores need to get them;)

Angela said...

I am also a Targaholic as well. I was so excited when one opened by me last July. You got the best deals but the best thing that they are within 5 minutes of you...my downfall too.

Lydia said...

Wow, those are some serious deals. I need to check out my local Target one of these days. I'm depriving myself!

Geneva said...

I'm a tarjet boutique (spoken in a bad french accent) crazed person too. I'd love to join in on one of your runs to get your fix!