Sunday, March 8, 2009

Patent Pending

My brother, Ryan, is graduating from law school this spring and has started counting down his last grueling days of class recently. I made the comment to him that my sister, Susie, and I would make a construction paper link chain for him to cut a link off each morning before class. He laughed and told us that he would prefer an advent calendar so he could enjoy the little chocolate surprises every morning.

Hmmm......do they make graduation advent calendars? No, but that wouldn't stop his ridiculously. dedicated sisters.

A few bead organizer boxes, my kids' leftover Valentine's candy, a deluxe hot glue gun, saran wrap, some highly decorative graduation scrapbook paper, and some mad Mormon skills later.... the most ghetto fabulous graduation advent calendar was born......








Congratulations, Ryan! We are so proud of you! Don't worry this wasn't your graduation present. We're still making that. ;)




12 comments:

Megan said...

How fun! That's awesome! You guys are the best sisters ever! (And you apparently have too much time on your hands.) I can't wait to see your home-made graduation present. :-)

Angela said...

What great sisters you are. That is really clever and I am very impressed.

Krista said...

That is a great idea!! How nice of you! I'm sure he loved it;)

Mallory Clan said...

Wow, you do have mad Mormon skills...where can I get me some of those?

Lydia said...

I love it!! LOL! You guys are so funny. I would have loved to see Ryan's reaction to the awesome gift.

Mallory Clan said...

Girl, you are speakin' my language. I think they're all going to hate me because I'm going to do a ward canning day instead...I can't wait to ruffle some feathers J. But they'll thank me when the world falls apart and they have something to eat now won't they?!

Geneva said...

You guys are seriously so funny!! I don't know how you could top that for a real graduation present!

Mallory Clan said...

Seriously?! Have they been together all this time? Wow, I wish I was there I'd love to see her, and you for that matter. Tell her Congrats for me and she should join the rest of the world and join one of the many forms of online blogging so I can see her!

Angie said...

Hmmm...he needs something to hang it to the wall with...might I suggest duct tape or bailing wire?

FrankNApril said...

You are so sweet! And u r now the "Go To it girl"! Love your creation! Cool! I have gotten your phone calls:) And look forward to Tuesday the 24th. April

Jensen Family said...

Love it! You guys are literally crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hey I was going to buy that shirt at Target! haha we both have good taste :D


You're favorite niece