Last week Syd's Kindergarten teacher sent home a note asking parents to help their kids memorize their parts for their upcoming graduation. In class, each child was asked what they wanted to be when they grow up and then they were given a little poem to recite at their graduation that told about their chosen profession. Sydney's paper read:
"I want to be a musician
Playing in the band.
When I'm done performing,
the audience will clap and stand."
Musician????
Jen: "Syd, do you want to be a musician?"
Syd: "No, what's a zishon?"
Jen: "It's what you told your teacher you want to be when you grow up."
Syd: "No, I didn't! I told her I want to be a rock star, not a magic-shon!"
After many failed attempts to say "musician", her teacher changed it back to Rock Star for the program. I was surprised to see some real professions chosen by the children and not Darth Vader, Spider Man and Cinderella. However, I can't say I was surprised by Sydney wanting to be a rock star with "Jenny Kravitz" as her mom and "Van Sheldon" as her dad. It was the obvious choice. :)
5 comments:
She is so your daughter Jen!! Congrats on graduating Kindergarten Syd. Too Cute!!
That is so funny and cute!! There isn't a whole lot of money to be made when you are a magic shon...just ask Trav;)
She is soo cute!!! I LOVE her shoes :)
She definately has the energy to be a Rock Star!!Way to go Syd. Love you. Grandma
Jen- I always appreciate your comments! The kids still seem to get bored all the time.
Post a Comment