Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wimp


When did I become such a wimp?

I remember as a child jetting into the frigid ocean waves, splashing in the cold (& nasty, might I add) running ditch water in front of my house, and striking the most perfect cannonballs into swimming pools without first checking the temperature with my toes.

These days, I first check the water with my feet, look at the little ducky pool thermometer while muttering how freaking cold the water is, and then sit on the side of the pool threatening Sheldon's life if he pushes me in. Eventually, I move down the pool stairs in 10 min increments and then tip toe aroundn in the shallow end, again complaining how cold it is. I know, what a wimp! However, no matter how wimpy I may be in my old age, I refuse to turn on the heat. I will just have to suck it up and start brushing up on my canonball skills.

2 comments:

Krista said...

It should be hot enough to jump in now;-) That is so nice to have a pool. Enjoy!

Angela said...

I am a wimp too! Our pool is just right now since it's been 100+ for 2 days now. YUCK!! Enjoy the pool.