Recently, to my chagrin, Sheldon acquired a '68 Ford pickup truck. Yes, he still has the red mustang. (We won't go there) This "new" truck does not have A/C and Taylor has been worried about him. Her specific complaint was, "He will suffer from heat exhaustion!" I jokingly made the comment to Sheldon that Taylor had a military cooling neckband that he could wet and wrap around his neck when he drives the truck. Taylor did not like my comment because if anyone knows Taylor, she is not particularly fond of sharing. (As a side note, Taylor got the band from a military dad during career week at school)
This morning, Taylor knocked on our bedroom door bearing a gift for Sheldon wrapped in a red plastic cup with a note on top covering the contents of the cup. Here is what the note read:


Taylor had lovingly decided to gift her neck band to Sheldon, but her generosity had a "limit". He had to still let her use it and also needed to give her 20 bucks for it! What happened to the days when the girl got excited over a handful of pennies? Oh well,what can we expect from a girl whose dad used to make kids at recess pay him or give him something before they could use the slide?
11 comments:
Hilarious, I love that Taylor is just like her dad! Sounds like that truck has brought a lot of joy already....good luck with it. ;)
Awesome! That's absolutely hilarious! I'm going to remember that next time I give gifts. :-)
Taylor, trying to do the right thing but wanting to be sure she is taken care of. She is her Dad's daughter! Love them both.
This is so funny! She is quite the business lady. I think Sheldon is getting off pretty cheap....20 bucks vs.putting in air conditioning. Also, don't they say what goes around comes around. LOL
That is too funny and too sweet at the same time!!!
PS Did Taylor get her 20 bucks??
That made me laugh out loud. You have to frame that note.
Hey, she's a smart girl, you'll never have to worry about that one getting taken advantage of.
I wish I could give gifts with limits and a price.
That's awesome. I love that she says twenty "bucks" instead of dollars.
Hahahaha...Taylor's getting more and more generous by the day, especially to you and Sheldon. This month alone, Sheldon got a neck band and you got a taco from Taco Bell. You guys must be doing something right.
Sheldon has not given her 20 bucks for it so I expect the neckband to disappear mysteriously in the next couple of days.
Too precious! That is truly adorable :)
Post a Comment