Today is Taylor's 9th birthday! I usually only do a big birthday party for my kids every other year and Taylor got her big party on her 8th b-day. Taylor, however, talked me into letting her have a small pool party with friends this past weekend since we FINALLY have a pool for her to fulfill her pool party fantasy with. She invited just a few girls from school and had a great time this past Saturday.
Today was also Taylor's award ceremony at school. I was supposed to bring treats to her class this afternoon, but she asked me to bring donuts in the morning instead. Hmmm...I wonder why she wanted to do her treats so early. Oh, I know, she told her teacher that she was going home with me after the award ceremony (it got over at 10:30 am) since it was her birthday. The girl knows how to celebrate her birthday and apparently, it didn't involve school.
Once I left the school parking lot, Taylor asked me if I would take her to Target so she could spend some of her birthday money on herself. She didn't see the scarf she was looking for there so she didn't buy anything. (What 9 yr old wants a scarf?) On the way home, she asked what I was making for lunch. Once I told her Ramen noodles, she asked me if I could swing thru Taco Bell to let her buy her own lunch for her birthday. She was nice and bought me a taco for taking her there. :)
Happy Birthday, Taylor! We love you.
Sometimes it is a curse, but mostly, I consider it a blessing to have a daughter who knows what she wants in life and tries to make it happen.
Happy Birthday, Taylor! We love you.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Taylor. We love you too. You are growing up way to fast and making Grandpa way old. Every time you have a birthday he has one.
Happy Birthday Taylor! It looks like you had a great time on your birthday. Morgan wishes she could have been there to help celebrate.
WOW! She is going on display in my bedroom in one of my large digital picture displays!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img/APIUysgVMbqf50dAEMipVg7ll96Q3VcwMHqO0E8U1QuZStawxJkYR7TV3SORuvNvvLX510B1Kyb1_Cbg8gt9=s1600
Post a Comment