Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wanted: Hockey mask and/or helmet

Sydney has always been my not so coordinated child who somehow finds a way to bump the same spot on her head on walls, other people's heads, etc. I always joke with her that I am going to make her wear a helmet when she plays.

We made a quick trip to Idaho this past weekend for Sheldon's grandma's 80th birthday. The first night we were there, Sydney missed a frisbee tossed (more like chucked) at her by Taylor and got a shiner.



The second night we were in Idaho at the actual 80th bday party, Sydney and some boys were running around in a recreation room filled with ballet bars at the senior center and Sydney ran into one of the brackets holding up the ballet bars and cut open the right side of her face in three separate spots. The scariest part for me was that one of the cuts was about a centimeter from the bottom of her eyeball. We rushed her to the ER and came out 11 stitches later. (I'm still wondering if they count them so they can charge you for each one.)

>

Don't let her little face break your heart too much. She has definitely been milking it for all the dessert and treats she can get. Also, everyone keeps telling her how cool the bottom cut is because it's shaped like Harry Potter's lightning bolt scar.

8 comments:

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Her little face just makes me so sad. Love you Syd!

Susan C. Thomas said...

Now she has a story to tell when she's a ROCK STAR! She could go on the ROAD with a re-mix of KISS!
My little punkin face...I'm sure we can get her back to good as new..just tell people"you should see the other guy!" Love, grandma

Debbie and Cory said...

Ohhh her poor face :( I hope she is feeling better!

Mallory Clan said...

Oh my goodness! She and my little boy would get a long fabulously...or I guess they'd be very happy together living inside a bubble. I keep telling him I'm going to put him in one, but maybe he could at least have a friend in there. ;-) Walker's face has several scars - dog bite, burning marshmallows, bed posts, keys, you name it that boy has done it!

Angela said...

OUCH! That looks like it hurts.

Brandy said...

Kobee says "POOR Sydney!" That is some rough luck. Poor girl. Braxton came home from Idaho with the injuries in our family. He had a bad run in with a treadmill that he was suppose to stay away from.... I should have taken pictures. I guess I probably still could.

Krista said...

Oh, poor baby!! I hope she is all better now! Unfortunately when you are clutzy as a kid, you have to carry around the scars as an adult. Just look at my forehead;)

JenniferCarter said...

Ouch! Not the best trip for Sydney. Glad you got out of the heat and enjoyed visiting family. I will try to call again.