Monday, January 4, 2010

"No peein' on my frog!"


One of my New Year's goals is to get Avery potty trained and say my final goodbye to diapers. I bought her a cute little frog potty on clearance at Target over the weekend thinking I scored since Avery loves the frogs from "Princess and the Frog". Avery was so excited, which surprised me because even the slightest mention of potties ticks her off. If you try to put her on the big toilet, she claws and screams like you are killing her. She also locks her body so you can't put her into a sitting position.

Anyway, I started talking to her about going "pee pee" in her frog. She replied with a giggle, "Noooo, no pee on the frog," like I was so silly for telling her to pee on her new frog. After some more coaxing, I tried to tell her to pee in the frog again, but this time she was passionate and ANGRY!

"NO PEEIN' ON MY FROG!!!"

Hmmm, I probably should have got a potty chair that resembled more of a toilet and not a cute little frog. Ain't nobody gonna pee on that girl's frog!

9 comments:

Megan said...

That's hilarious! I love how the last of your 3 girls is just totally giving you a run for your money. :-)

P.S. We've GOT to get together and catch up soon! It's been way too long. ;-(

Unknown said...

I like her.

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!Nobody going to change her mind!Hope she gets feeling better real soon so Mom can get some rest.

Krista said...

That is so cute!!! Let me know if you do find something that works:)

Debbie and Cory said...

She is so cute!!! Good luck with the potty training :)

Ryan said...

I'm with Avery on this one...peeing in a frog is just weird.

Amy said...

Potty training your last is fabulous! I potty trained Colton last year and we don't have to buy diapers EVER AGAIN - fabulous feeling!!!

Allison said...

I love your blog. It is too funny! I laugh my head off. Your little girl is too funny. I always look forward to your new posts. Thanks for your Legoland advise. It sounds fun and my family loved the idea. However this mama doesn't camp unless forced by family!!! Maybe you could find your daughter a potty of something she hates. Then she might want to pee on it!

Jensen Family said...

I love your stories!!! I am anti-potty chairs because I hate cleaning them! Kaden didn't like peeing on the toilet either so I kept trying and then stopping. Finally when he was 3 he just did it in like 2 days. Sadie was easy and I know that will never happen again to me! Good luck - I feel for you!