As you can tell, the hot weather here makes me grouchy so I jumped at an invite from some friends to go hiking at Mt. Charleston this morning. We hiked along the Robber's Roost trail to some limestone caves which, according to local legend, were used back in the day as a hideout for bandits raiding travelers along the old Mormon Trail.
The weather up there was a "cooler" 90-95 degrees, but once we arrived at the caves it felt like someone finally kicked on the a/c. While enjoying the cool air of the caves, we were suddenly joined by my old Highland Hills Stake young women who had chosen the trail for their 2nd year hike! It kind of startled me when hearing my name shouted up into the caves. I think I looked and smelled more like I had been camping than any of the girls.
4 comments:
Looks like fun! I think I will have to head up to the mountains soon, isn't the "meadow" usually cooler???
"Looked and smelled more like you'd been camping," huh? Is that why you're not in any of the pictures? :-)
Some teachers and I were JUST talking about that same issue of the misuse of the word "cooler" the other day. It really is ridiculous. I'm glad you got away for a bit.
How fun!!! Having so many friends to hang out with is always nice.
Looks like a fun way to cool off. I wish I had some caves like that here in Florida. Actually, even if t here are, I'd probably get eaten by the alligators or bears that live nearby. Seriously, this place sucks. I'm sure it's the damn cockroaches that have me down. I'm sure in October I'll have a nice skip to my step.
I love your blog and all your comments on facebook. Seriously, you make me laugh on a daily basis!
Post a Comment