Saturday, September 11, 2010

Here we go again

It seems like I am always doing a quick recap of long periods of time because I am such a slacker when it comes to updating my blog. Interesting....I did the same thing with my journal growing up. Also, I've had to muster up some energy to rebuild my blog template since I accidentally deleted all of my friends' blog addresses while changing my expired template. (Please tell me if I don't have your blog on the sidebar so I can add it!) Anyway, here is a quick recap of events over the past month or two.

Sydney has always wanted bunk beds. Since we moved last year, she has had to share a room with Taylor, then with Avery because of a few too many battles with Taylor, and then with Taylor again when Avery kept her up or woke her up at least 3 times a night.


Our friend, Cathy, was getting rid of her son's bunk beds last month so I decided Sydney finally deserved to get what she wanted....the top bunk. We picked them up and Sydney and I spent 2 days in the BLAZING, HOT garage painting them white.

Taylor and Sydney went back to public school this fall. We were all set to do K12 again until about August when Taylor suddenly decided that she wanted to spend her last yr of elementary at a public school. They were really nervous to go back, but they got great teachers and love it so far. I do not love the homework.
Taylor- 5th grade


Sydney- 2nd grade


Avery - wannabe Preschooler......She insisted on packing a lunch with the girls and ended up eating it by 9:30 am. Actually, I had planned to keep Avery home with me for one more year before signing her up for preschool since she barely makes the age cut off. However, after I dropped off my two oldest girls, Avery kept asking, "When do I go to preschool?", "Can I color?" , "Can I have a snack?", "What's my teacher's name?", etc. Two torturous hours later, I called a friend to beg her to let Avery take her last preschool opening. Avery loves Ms. Trina!



Avery also turned 3 last week and was very insistent on having a Disney Princess party. Taylor saved her money and bought Avery a Princess Tiana dress for her bday which she would wear 24/7 if I'd let her. She also got a really cute tea cart that she loves (so do her older sisters) and is constantly taking my order. "Do you want a Dr. Pepper, Mom?" "That's 10 hundred dollars."



Uncle Niels being served a nice spot of tea.

She did get her Princess party with family and then spent the night by herself at her Grandma and Grandpa Orme's house to stretch out the birthday spoiling.



9 comments:

Megan said...

I can't believe Avery is 3!! So funny that you gave into putting her in preschool because of the nagging. :-)

My blog address is http://rhodesroadupdates.blogspot.com/ (and then it has a link to my private one).

Ryan said...

The picture of Avery wearing her backpack and cheesing it up is easily my favorite picture of the year.

The ultimate irony: your kids love school. They must get that from Sheldon...haha.

Amy said...

Your girls really are some of the cutest :)

Are you loving the peace and quiet at home this year with all of the girls at school again?

Melissa D. said...

I love reading about your girls. They are too funny!

Angela said...

Your girls are so cute!! I can't believe Taylor is in 5th grade. Happy Birthday Avery you make a very cute princess and looks like you had a great day. Remember Jen...they don't keep our secrets (ie...dr pepper)...LOL

Lydia said...

Seriously, could your girls be any cuter? Avery's enthusiasm for preschool was so adorable, and I especially loved the picture of her serving a spot of tea to her uncle. Very, very cute!

P.S. To answer your question from my blog, Grandma's blue blanket is my mom's now. Anytime we visit my parents, I go straight to the linen closet and grab that particular blanket to sleep with every night. It takes me back to the good ol' days of chocolate cake, crazy amounts of sugar cereal, and the Payday game board. I thought you would get a kick out of seeing it again in the picture.

Heidi said...

Wow I am impressed you painted bunkbeds!! I would love to see the final product! And your girls are adorable! I am glad they like their teachers. I see Taylor standing in her military line every morning! =)

Krista said...

Your girls are adorable!! I love Avery's picture with all of her goodies!! So cute!

Trina said...

I love Avery in my class! I'm so glad you decided to have her come to me! It's been so much FUN! She's such a sweetheart!