Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Little House on the Prairie


Sheldon and the girls have finally found a show that they all love to watch.....Little House on the Prairie! Sheldon says the show makes him reminiscent of how women used to be. :) I told him when he starts acting like Charles Ingalls, I'll start acting like Carolyn and bake him a pie.

My girls hurry and do their homework and watch the clock for Sheldon to get home so they can pop some popcorn and watch one of the 120 episodes we have recorded of Little House on the Prairie (we set our DVR to record one automatically every time it's on). Don't get me wrong, my girls love Hannah Montana and Camp Rock, but Little House has become one of their favorites. Sheldon makes the girls tell him what lesson was taught each episode and I have actually used some of the episodes to teach Taylor how to get along with a boy in her class. (Taylor has a boy equivalent to Nellie Olsen in her class)

Anyway, I am so glad that my kids have abandoned Spongebob and embraced Laura Ingalls that I thought I would blog about it. Cable does have some perks, I guess.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

You should dress up just like the woman of those days and ask Sheldon which era he likes better. That is seriously so cute that they love to watch that show. So much better than most of Nickelodeon's stuff. Tommy has the Sponge Bob laugh down and chooses to display this talent on all of our road trips or during sacrament meeting. I caught him trying to teach Anna that laugh and stopped him mid-laugh with the threat of "Don't even think about it." I'll have to find Little House and inconspicuously have it on one night and see if Jeff and the kids will watch it.

Anonymous said...

I love that they love this show! Sheldon, Cherisse, and I used to rush home off the bus to watch this and the Brady Bunch before my mom got home from work. Aaahhh,the good "old" days when TV shows had lessons and morals :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for teaching "my girls" values from the "good old days". Anonymous aka Grandma aka "the wicked mother in law"

FrankNApril said...

I used to watch that back in the days! I loved it! I should watch it again and maybe my munchkins would like it! Your girls are so cute!!! April

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Will you still be my friend if I tell you that I have never seen an episode?