Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cleaning 101

My girls are always asking if they can help me clean and usually I give them the simple and quick chores like picking up shoes, Avery's toys, etc. I recently had a friend clue me in that my kids were capable of much more and that I should enlist their help while they were still eager to do it.

So today my girls learned the art of cleaning toilets, mopping floors, folding laundry, etc. To my surprise, they loved it! Yes, Taylor was angry when we walked on her freshly vacuumed carpet lines (she takes after her mother on that one) and yes, Sydney lost focus about every 5 minutes, but we actually had a lot of fun. Next, I sang out my bedroom window and all of the nearby wildlife came and finished the housework. :) Whatever, I wish. My girls were definitely capable of more than I have been giving them to do and I wish that I could bottle their desire to clean and spray it on them in their teenage years.




It took longer to get the rubber gloves on Sydney than it did for her to clean the bathroom.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I know I love it when Morgan does her dusting & bathroom cleaning it makes my life so much easier. They may not do it like we would but every bit helps.

Megan said...

If I come steal your candy from you, will you send your girls down to clean MY house? :-)
You need to post more often on your blog because it's not often I literally laugh out loud reading something and I did twice reading your last 3 posts (along with a couple other chuckles).

Lydia said...

I am sitting here with so much envy that I can barely see straight. You are one lucky woman! Anna will pick up one thing and then fall to the ground, crying that she "is just sooooo tired and needs a nap." She'll honestly lay in bed (which really no small child will voluntarily do) for a few hours rather than picking up a few books.

That is so cute about the vacuum lines. I had no idea you were that way, too. So funny.

Angie said...

I have stopped listening to Chloe tell me she can't do anything and I have started making her do more. Not on your level yet, but I think you have inspired me! Watch out Chloe.