Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh, now I see why Vegas schools had a snow day...




My niece who lives on the other side of town near Seven Hills sent me these pics from yesterday. We were all scratching our heads and laughing when the schools were closed today due to snow. We didn't get enough out here to warrant schools closing, but it looks like other parts of town did. I guess when there aren't any snow plows to be found in town, it can cause some havoc. Last post about the snow...I promise. Well, maybe.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah, when I went to Green Valley yesterday and saw the snow that was STILL left from the day before, it made a little more sense. That, and reading another friends' blog who almost drove her car into her house trying to get up the driveway. :-)

I'm glad Mother Nature gave you a 2nd chance for a photo opp. I guess we should all be thanking YOU for the cool snow!

Lydia said...

Wow, this is definitely an insane year with the weather. Everyone in Minnesota keeps telling me that this is the worst winter they have seen in like fifty years, which always makes me feel so lucky. You're right, snow in Vegas is the perfect storm because it only lasts for a fun little moment. I, on the other hand, am soon to become a she-man with the extraordinary biceps I'm growing with all the shoveling. In fact, I'm about to go out and shovel for the third time today. Whoooo!!!

I love the pictures with your girls all happy in the snow. It's so crazy to think they haven't seen snow fall. They are so lucky :-)