Monday, February 9, 2009

RV there yet?


For our family vacation this year, we stayed in a friend's RV on Carlsbad beach in So. California. I was a little weary of this trip because for a few reasons....Avery, Avery, and Avery. However, it turned out to be the best trip we have ever taken as a family.

Our campsite was on a cliff overlooking the beach. The beach was empty except for occasional joggers. (another reason I could never live in California, everyone jogs) We had tons of squirrels that would hang out near the campsite which made it fun to watch. The view was awesome, but you had to take 122 stairs down to the beach. Not a problem for most, but for the Orme's with their 25 lb baby, the huge baby stroller, the sandbuckets, the chairs, the towels, etc that needed to be hauled back up these 122 stairs, these stairs were a pain in the butt!! (They did help me work off all the roasted marshmallows and churros, however)

Family vacations always bring colorful memories like how Sheldon and I almost wedged the RV between some gas pumps on the drive home or trying to figure out what buttons Avery pushed on the RV to make the generator go off or the stairs fold under the RV or trying to convince Taylor that there were no more "drops" as she is screaming bloody murder on Splash Mtn. My favorite one was telling Sydney to pee in the ocean because I wasn't hiking the 122 stairs back up to the bathroom and then trying to convince Taylor it was okay to go back in the ocean even though Sydney had peed in it. :) TOO MUCH INFO! Anyway, here are some pics from the trip!
















4 comments:

The Pemberton Family said...

Ohhh that looks like fun...the vacation not the stairs!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it--you deserved to get away and have fun! I'm glad you're back--missed you!!

Lydia said...

I think we stayed at the same beach last November, or at least a similar beach that had those crazy stairs. It is definitely a crazy workout. Taylor's reaction to the pee-infested ocean is hilarious, and I especially laughed at Avery's refusal to step foot on the sand. You seriously have the cutest girls! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time!

alexfrankie said...

Looks like you had a great time.
Mary Robles

alexfrankie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.