
Today I signed up to be a chaperone for Taylor's field trip. I am not a PTA type mom. but Taylor still asks me to come with her on her field trips so I will take advantage of that as long as possible. She doesn't let me come anywhere near walking her to her class line in the mornings (probably because I am wearing Dr. Pepper PJ pants) and I am not allowed to scream "I love you" out the window anymore...so I will do the field trips when she asks me. It was freezing cold and I didn't particularly enjoy the bats or tarantulas at the Springs Preserve, but I spent time with my "too cool for school" 3rd grader and that was priceless.
7 comments:
Have I mentioned how much James and I think Taylor looks just like you...which I am sure you are already well aware. She most definitely has your eyes. They are the most amazing eyes. What a fun feature to have. I'm totally envious!
Jen, you are one hot mama. You still look as beautiful as ever, and Taylor looks just like her mom.
Won't it be the most devastating day when our kid won't want us around anymore? Tommy told me on the second day of school that he didn't want me to wait for him at the bus stop, and that he could walk home without his mom. I felt a little better that he gave me the biggest hug imaginable as soon as he walked through the door. Sounds like the field trip was quite the adventure. I can only imagine your reaction to the cold, bats, and tarantulas :-)
What's wrong with Dr. Pepper pants? Seriously, our kids throw such a fit just because we show up at the school with our pj's on lookin' like we just did a roll out. Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. At least I brush my teeth. ;-)
With Face book I have not been keeping up on everyone's blog! So, the RV trip is funny and One ? are your girl's really jumping that high on the beach? Did u photo shop that? Glad your daughter let you go on the field trip. How funny because she is so young to start that already! April
Jen
Enjoy this time while you can and take every opportunity to do this kind of things with them. My kids actually still think I am okay. My sister is wondering when I will become a dork to them. I am sure it is coming.
Mary
Did any 3rd grade boys hit on you? You are one hot mama!!
i wish we would have been together at the Springs, I had about a million little comments on events/sights that could only have been shared in person/live to have been appreciated. IS Taylor's class going to the Shark Reef in April with Chloe's class?
Post a Comment