Last weekend was action packed.....
First, we had Ned's 4 kids sleep over so he could take Cherlynn out for her birthday. Although it got a little crazy, my kids were in heaven having their cousins over. I remember cousin sleepovers as being one of the best parts of growing up. Of course, now that some of the kids are getting older, a "girls only" and "boys only" room was requested by the kids at bedtime.
After miraculously getting 7 kids fed and ready for school by 8 am the next morning, I rushed Taylor and Alaina to their field trip at McCaw Mine out in Henderson. McCaw Mine is attached to McCaw Elementary School in Henderson and is only open to 4th graders in Clark County being it is the year they study Nevada History in school. Since the mine is quite realistic, the girls got to wear mining helmets with head lamps while exploring through the mine with their guide. They also got to pan for real gold flakes and bring them home. Taylor was informed by her guide that she found $5 worth of gold. Yee haw!
After panning for gold, we then headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house for homemade mac n' cheese, all you can eat Otter Pops and to show the girls how to plant a garden. We also decided to plant a new ANNOYING Sun Chips bag out in the garden to see if it really is 100% compostable and just how long it takes to disintegrate.
Brayden Saville High Flyer
8 years ago





5 comments:
Hahaha! You planted a Sun Chips bag?? Oh Jen, I wish you still lived in walking distance so I could come over for a laugh anytime. Instead I'll have to settle for our planned double-dates that always fall through. :-)
Love the pics, Jen. I swear every time you blog, I think to myself how crazy fun it would be if Jeff got a job in Vegas. I guess we'll see...
I have never heard of the McCaw Mine. Sleepovers with the cousins are some of my kids favorites! Coltonhad fun at the Princess party. He too has been talking about Cinderella since the party which is funny because he doesn't even know who she is really!
Looks like fun!! I have never heard of the mine either. You keep finding all these cool places! And yes, Winchell's in way better than Krispy Kremes. I so wish we had one closer to us!! Love them!!
Okay, you are so brave having 7 kids in your house especially since they are sleeping over. Looks like they had fun though. Was that Avery's first birthday party she went to? She looks so cute in her dress. Taylor gets to go on some really cool field trips but I wanna know what she decided to do with her gold?? Keep us posted on the composting a Sunchip bag.
Post a Comment