Friday, April 23, 2010

A Fabulous Find



I have lived in Las Vegas for over 21 years and feel like I know most of the fun, little places to take my kids to around town. However, today we were invited on a new field trip to McKee Ranch in the southwest part of town. I love any opportunity to get my kids around farm animals since they are sort of a novelty in Vegas.

I knew my girls would have a great time when we got out of the car and heard a rooster crow. My kids' faces lit up with excitement while Avery tried to imitate the sound. The ranch is free admission and the owners let you bring carrots and crackers to feed the animals. They probably have more animals, but we fed goats, sheep, pigs, bunnies, chickens, a turkey, and a lot of horses, including little miniature ponies. The ranchers will also let you in the pastures right next to the horses which is rare. The ranch was full of old wooden toys, little benches, toilet planters, an old outhouse, a horse tire swing, and the extremely rare wooden merry go round.










If you are looking for something FREE to do with your kids one day, I highly recommend the McKee Ranch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUN! It's like a little piece of Idaho in the middle of Vegas. Looks like the girls loved it, they are so cute.

Krista said...

That looks like an awesome place to go!! Your girls are seriously sooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

What a great Mom to find such fun places for the kids to enjoy. They are lucky to have such a great teacher and Mom. They are the cutest and greatest - the proud Grandma.

Ryan said...

I can't get enough of Avery and that cheesy grin of hers. That picture of her and the goat is priceless, too.

Lydia said...

Jen, your girls are seriously so unbelievably cute!

Amy said...

I haven't ever been there! I will have to check it out. Your girls really are too cute :)