Although some days have been bumpy for us, here are some of our celebrated successes over the past 7 months:
- I have finally trained Sydney to not say, "Nothing, " when Sheldon or someone calls on the phone and asks her what she is doing.
- I have finally convinced Taylor that Math worksheets are not just "busy work".
- Avery will now sit and do puzzles or color with crayons for 30 minutes at a time before throwing them at us. It used to be about 5 minutes.
- We have made friends with the lady at the gas station where I get my daily Dr. Pepper so I can cope with teaching Math to a certain child.
- Sydney used one of her vocabulary words from a History lesson on Babylon to accidentally insult someone. After apologizing, we decided to focus on the fact that she remembered the word. ;)
All joking aside, we are having fun with the K12 program and have registered for another year. I don't want to bore anyone with my many reasons for continuing to homeschool so I won't. Wish us luck!
8 comments:
I think it's great, Jen!! I just wish we could fit in some play dates for Taylor and Maddy? Can you schedule that in??:) Miss you and hope things are good!
I am in awe that you are doing it again. I just don't think that I could ever do it! You rock!!!
Taylor would love to have Maddy come and hang with us. I miss you guys. I will call you and try to set something up.
Jen you are amazing...and you always make me laugh when I read your blog, I love it!
Good luck!! I admire you for even trying to homeschool. I am happy that "my girls" are doing well.
You are in it to win it!
Don't ever give up girl!!!!!
Can Taylor come over Tuesday to work with Alaina?
I can pick her up around 11:30 after Alaina's violin lesson. We pass right by your house. April
I would love to do that program if I didn't have such a great school out here. It does help too that this school has an awesome PTO president to keep the principal in line!
you are amazing! I would already be in lockup for killing one of my kids!!!
Post a Comment