Today I took Sydney and Avery to our ward playgroup which was a guided tour of the animals (mostly reptiles) at Petco. I have really tried to be good and not pass down my opinions or fears to my kids so that they can form their own, but when they started pulling out the tarantulas and snakes, I was done. In fact, I couldn't even take a picture of the nasty tarantula climbing on the lady because I was too scared to get that close, honestly. It's probably a good thing I only have girls as I could never do the pet frogs and snakes. I wouldn't be able to sleep!
However, Sydney had a great time and was proud of herself for touching the lizard and frogs. She really liked the ferrets. I kept Avery in her stroller because she would either smack or try to eat the animals. Her two favorite past times.
Even though I was not about to touch anything, I do have to say that we have an awesome playgroup coordinator. This summer has been packed with fun activities for my kids.
Brayden Saville High Flyer
8 years ago



2 comments:
Those are some pretty good playgroups. I agree with you on the tarantulas I wouldn't let Morgan go near them. Avery is so cute!
What a fun playgroup! The gist of our playgroups is hanging out in someone's house, and I'm always bored out of my mind talking about someone's latest furniture buy or new painted wall. Although, I might take being bored over snakes, rats, and spiders. We have frogs all over our yard (I guess it's a Minnesota thing), and Tommy will pick them up and want to show me his new find. I try everything in my power not to freak out because he takes serious joy in scaring me, but I always end up screaming whenever the blasted things jump out of Tommy's hands.
By the way, I love how you did Sydney's hair! So cute! I wish you lived closer so you could teach me how to do something other than pigtails and a hair clip in the front.
Post a Comment