Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Happenings

Every year Halloween sneaks up on me and I never do the things that I want to do with my kids. I always vow that the following year I will make their costumes, make Gingerbread Haunted Houses, pick our pumpkins at the orchard and not at the grocery store, etc. None of that happened this year, but there is always next year!

This year Sydney wanted to be Captain Hook to my chagrin, but she changed her mind after a boy in her class decided that is what he wanted to be too. She quickly changed her mind and said that she didn't want it to look like they "were married." She finally decided to be a leopard somewhere out of the blue. Taylor has wanted to be an Indian princess since she saw an $80 costume in a magazine. Avery had no choice in the matter, but it was very obvious what her costume should be.

I am too cheap to spend $30-$40 for each kid's costume at the stores and so we ventured to the Deseret Industries this year. Some may say "gross", but there is something totally exciting about only spending $7 total for my kids costumes!! They were nothing great, but my kids loved them. Here are some pics from school parties and Halloween night.



She Devil Avery


Avery tried to make an escape every time the doorbell rang with Trick or Treaters.


Sydney really thought she was a jungle cat.

>

Taylor and her friend Zoe


Not an $80 costume, but an Indian none the less. I am still trying to convince her to wear her costume and serve our Thanksgiving dinner. ;)


Great Grandma and her girls



My absolute favorite costume in Syd's class. She kept posing for me!!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you posted pictures!! They are TOO cute. Brooke was telling about how cute their costumes were, I love them all. And YEAH to you for getting a little creative and saving the cash. That's what makes Halloween fun, not buying some pre-made costume that will look like very other kid on the block. Whoa. Sorry for the rant.

Anyway the girls are adorable, glad you guys had a fun Halloween. (Rio Rita's pretty cute too!) ;)

Angela said...

I am really impressed that you spent $7 and got 3 costumes. They are really cute. Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween.

Lydia said...

They look so cute! I would've been jumping off the walls if I saved that much money in costumes. Seriously, the cost of costumues are a bit ridiculous. You can get an outfit at Walmart for $20, and it usually falls apart within five minutes of the child wearing it. If I had D.I. here, I wouldn't even hesitate going. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Taya's mom here! =0)
I love the costumes. My favorite part is Avery's devil eyebrows!! I'm so impressed that you were able to find costumes at DI. And not just any costumes, but the costumes your girls requested! The DI in Provo is sooo picked over. And by the time anything hits that place, it's been hand-me-downed 6 or 7 times. Bummer.
I love your blog!

jenorme said...

Hey Andrea! Suz told me that you don't have a blog....what?!? I think Taya gives some great material for one :) Think on it.

Geneva said...

Glad to see your blog is up and running again...love the costumes! The She devil is my favorite...a perfect fit from what I've gathered from your recent comments about Avery!