Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Perfect "Snowstorm"

Yesterday my kids squealed with delight as Sheldon announced that it was snowing outside. I have lived in Vegas for over 20 years and I can only count on one hand the amount of times I have seen it snow here. My kids have seen snow, played in snow, but I didn't realize until yesterday that they had never seem snow fall from the sky. The fact that they could catch snowflakes in their hands was so magical to them. Yes, they were catching them in their hands because their gloves have been buried in storage due to the 70 degree weather we had up until week or so ago.

Having grown up in Idaho where the snow came up to your eyeballs and the school bus driver would often have to come rescue me because my moon boots were stuck in a snow bank, snow is not so magical to me. However, this "snowstorm" was beautiful because we all knew that it was just going to stay long enough for a couple of snowmen, some good pictures, some giggles, and then it would melt away before anyone could complain. That to me is the perfect snowstorm.

I AM SO BUMMED THAT MY CAMERA WAS NOT CHARGED!! TYPICAL JEN. I borrowed pics from the Internet.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I've lived here all my life and I never saw it fall until I was about 20!! It's so beautiful! And yesterday was the first time I actually drove in it! Usually if it snows here, it's in the middle of the night;)

Angela said...

I remember my first winter in Las Vegas it snowed and I was so surprised because it isn't supposed to snow in Vegas. Sounds like your girls had fun.

Megan said...

I can totally see your bus driver dragging you out of the snow banks! Ha! It's a good thing you live in Vegas - I agree that this was the perfect snowstorm. It just would have been nice if it had stuck a little more in our area. It's crazy that you kids had never seen snow coming out of the sky - how neat for them!

Oh yeah, Dennis & Wiley tried to come caroling at your house (they couldn't convince me to come along) but you guys weren't home. J/K :-)

Megan said...

Oops - 1 more thing. I think it's hilarious that you "borrowed" snow pictures from the internet for your post. That's awesome! LOL